It is not that day everything ran on AA, AAA batteries. Expensive, causing large-area pollution, short lifespan, these weakness of disposable batteries result in its dead ending. Now the rechargeable long-lasting li-ion batteries have been applied in various fields, e-cig industry is no exception. Here are 6 tips for extending your e-cig battery lifespan.
Rechargeable batteries really bring the commons much more convenience, enables us to use electronic device everywhere. However, li-ion batteries have a certain fiite lifespan for some using conditions, aging problem, etc.
Remember the scene of Breaking Bad, Walter White did cook in the wild way out of the town with his fellow, Jesse Pinkman. When all works were done, the battery of their RV was dead. Facing such embarrassing incident, they used primary cell to get it through. Some of you must encountered similar problem, not that serious, but equally urgent. How did you solve it? Guess you won’t it happen again. Thus how to prolong your battery life becomes a crucial topic we people pay close attention to, especially for vapers who want to enjoy a longer vaping time.
Here we summarized tips for extending e-cig battery life:
- Initialize a new battery. A new battery should be fully charged before its first use, this is to maximum its capacity. Usually charged for about 6-7 hourrs;
- Avoid running a battery out. Full discharges put a lot of strain on a battery, it is better to charge before 20% power left. This is like a man doing exercises. Lifting 100 pounds for 30 minutes is fine, but lifting 300 is generally not sustainable;
- Make sure the adapter is right for the battery charging. Every type of battery has its own adapter, like 510 BCC. It is different from other e-cigarette batteries. In addition, check the battery while it is on charge. If it is extremely hot, your adapter may be malfunctioning. Maybe it is time to change a new one;
- Keep the battery cool. You must encounter the vape pen is too hot when you are using it, way higher than room temperature. If happens, stop using it. While you cannot control the temperature, you can avoid leaving your e-cig exposure to the direct sunlight;
- Store the battery properly. If you won’t use your e-cig for a while, disconnect the battery form the atomizer or cartomizer and store it in a cool and dry place. Look out, do not keep the battery with metal things, it might cause short circuit the terminals;
- Clean the battery contacts on it and on atomizer/cartomizer. Dirt, liquid on the battery contacts may reduce the efficiency of power transfer. Clean it with isopropy alcohol.
The autumn is just around the corner, thinking of traveling away from home, to enjoy cool nights, breezy days with your vape pen. 6 tips above enable your battery a longer lifespan, so you can enjoy your vaping for long.
Ryan is a vaper, editor and content creator who spends most of his time bringing the interesting, entertaining, original and well-written articles to vapers. He believes that vaping is not only a healthier alternative to smoking, but also a great experience of life.