Vapor Storm Subverter 200W TC Box Mod Review
Hi guys, the Beardey Vaper is back again and today we’re going to take a look at the Vapor Storm Subverter 200W TC Box Mod, which is a very interesting device. Vapor Storm is a China-based manufacturer and they have a few devices on the market, some of which look pretty cute. As we’re just looking at a mod today, it won’t be a huge review. But don’t worry. I’ll make sure you get everything you need to know!
Vapor Storm Subverter 200W Features & Specs
- Available in red, yellow/orange, green, black/red, cartoon, etc.
- Height: 90mm
- Width: 55mm (no tank attached)
- Depth: 27mm
- Wattage range: 5.0W – 200W
- Temperature range: 100C – 300C
- Voltage range: 0.5V – 8.0V
- Resistance range: 0.05-3Ω (power); 0.05-1Ω (TC)
- Portable TC MOD with unique hollow side panels
- ABS plastic material with good hand feeling
- Dual 18650 batteries
- Stable and unique chip for best vape experience
- 0.96 inch TFT color screen design with colorful wattage message
Initial Impressions on the Vapor Storm Subverter 200W TC Box Mod
So the first thing I have to say about this is that it looks absolutely amazing! I received the “freedom” color-way for this review and it’s super brightly covered with US flags, the Statue of Liberty and even hot-dogs. Made from a light plastic without the two 18650 batteries it can take, it weighs in at a tiny 82 grams which blew my mind when I first picked it up. The tank I screwed on top for the review (a Vaporesso NRG filled with around 5 ml of e-liquid) felt like it weighed more than the mod.
Vaping with Vapor Storm Subverter 200W
The buttons are really clicky and feel great to touch. The 0.96 inch TFT colour screen is really bright and displays all the information you could need, including individual battery bars and voltages which is a great little touch. When you fire the device, the current power setting also changes colour while using the mod which is a great little touch I really liked.
With a power range of 5W to 200W with a resistance range of 0.05ohms to 3ohms, the Subverter is a really versatile mod which can take a tank up to 26mm in diameter without any overhang and I’ve really enjoyed using it.
Now I don’t use temperature control and don’t know any vapers who do, but I gave them a quick try with Stainless Steel coils and it seemed to work absolutely fine, but as it’s not my thing, I didn’t stick with it for long.
The box mod is quite large for a dual 18650 device, but it still fits really well in the hand and feels very comfortable with an almost soft feel to it.
It isn’t all great news though. While the paint looks amazing, it has already started to wear even though it has only been used for 3 weeks which is a little disappointing, but I’m hoping it’ll stay as just light wear. Also, the battery compartment for a pretty large device is really tight and getting your 18650 batteries in the device can be a little bit awkward.
Vapor Storm Subverter 200W Pros & Cons
- Actually feels very nice in the hand.
- Easy-to-find button
- Simple, bright and eye-catching design
- Its colorful screen is very easy to read.
- The device is easy to use.
- Shows capacity of both batteries separately.
- Doesn’t break easily.
- Works great with no usage problems.
- Offers both watts and temperature control.
- The paint does not last long.
- The battery compartment for a pretty large device is really tight.
Vapor Storm Subverter 200W Video Review
All in all, I have to say I really do like the Vapor Storm Subverter 200W TC Box Mod. I’m going to give this Vapor Storm Subverter 200W 4 stars out of 5! It’s comfortable, seems to fire accurately and with good power and the batteries seem to hold up really well too, with no over the top battery loss. With a few minor changes, this device could be absolutely amazing and be a real game changer, so I highly recommend it!
I’m Simon from the UK. I write for the blog of Heaven Gifts and my own website thebeardeyvaper.co.uk. If you want to know more about me, check out my Instagram or my website.